1 – ENTRIES: OCTOBER 25 TO NOVEMBER 25, 2023
The 15th Salão de Humor Humana Saúde is open to all graphic artists who wish to submit their own works. Each artist can register in one or more categories with a maximum of 5 (five) works in total, in the format of 30 x 40 cm (or 2900 pixels in height with proportional width and at least 250 dpi resolution). The artist can use any technique. The categories are: cartoon/charge, caricature, and comic strips. Comic strips should have only one page. If choosing comic strips, the artist can include up to 5 strips on the page. Entries will be exclusively made through the form available on the website: salaodehumor.com/inscreva-se, with a maximum size of 3 megabytes. The announcement of the winners will take place on December 16th.
2 – THEME
The theme of the 15th Salão de Humor Humana Saúde will be MOVEMENT (Physical Exercise and Sports Practices).
3 – SELECTION AND CHOICE OF AWARDED WORKS
The selection and choice of the awarded works, including the “Salãozinho” (Children’s Salon), will be carried out by a panel of artists designated by Humana Saúde and will consider originality and graphic quality.
4 – AWARDS
1st place in the Movement theme (cartoon/charge): R$ 6,000.00 (six thousand Brazilian Reais).
2nd place in the Movement theme (cartoon/charge): RR$ 4,000.00 (four thousand Brazilian Reais).
Humana Saúde Caricature Prize: R$ 3,000.00 (three thousand Brazilian Reais). Free theme.
Humana Saúde Comic Strips Prize: R$ 2,500.00 (two thousand and five hundred Brazilian Reais) for the best comic strip. Free theme.
Internet Prize: R$ 2,500.00 (two thousand and five hundred Brazilian Reais). The Internet Prize will be chosen by online voters from December 2nd to December 6th through voting on the website: salaodehumor.com.
Regarding the values of the awards, tax deductions will apply.
5 – TRAVELING EXHIBITION
The best works may become part of the itinerant exhibition of the 15th Salão de Humor Humana Saúde. The selected artists automatically and freely grant the copyright of their work(s) for reproduction and publication on any medium for the promotion of the Salão de Humor Humana Saúde.
6 – CANCELLATION OF REGISTRATION AND LOSS OF AWARD
- The competing works must be the author’s own.
- Professionals and amateurs can submit original works that have not been awarded in other graphic events up to the closing date of registration.
Single Paragraph: The Internet Prize follows the same rule as stated in the main text. Therefore, professionals and amateurs can submit original works that have not been awarded in other events up to the closing date of registration.
- If any participant is disqualified, the artist in the subsequent position will take their place and receive the prize, if applicable.
- The works must bear the author’s signature.
- The following individuals are not allowed to participate in this Humor Salon:
- Humana Saúde employees;
- Relatives of Humana Saúde and Medimagem Group employees, regardless of the degree of relationship;
- Anyone involved in the organization of the event, directly or indirectly.
- In case the award jury identifies fraud or plagiarism in any submitted work, they may cancel the awarded prize.
- Along with the submitted works, the artist must attach the registration form filled out legibly and duly signed. A brief resume and a photo are also requested for cataloging in the Humana Saúde database and research. To ensure that your work is original, it is recommended that the artist check specialized websites to avoid coincidences of images, text, and/or situations with works already published in newspapers, magazines, or websites. In case of confirmed plagiarism, the work will be automatically disqualified.
- The mere registration automatically signifies the participant’s agreement to all terms. Further information about the salon can be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Single Paragraph: The mere registration obligates the artist to accept this regulation. The selected artists automatically grant the copyright of their work(s) for reproduction and publication on any medium, without restrictions, for the purpose of promoting the event.
- The award results can be contested within four business days after the date of announcement of the winners, with relevant evidence of any irregularities committed by any of the participants.
7 – 6th HUMANA SAÚDE CHILDREN’S SALÃOZINHO DE HUMOR
- Children between 6 and 12 years of age can participate.
Interested children can submit up to three original works in a maximum format of 30 x 40 cm (or 2900 pixels in height with proportional width and at least 250 dpi resolution), using any technique, and developed in the styles of cartoon/charge, caricature, or comic strips. Children can use any materials for their drawings.
Entries will be exclusively made through the form available on the website: salaodehumor.com/inscreva-se by clicking on the “SALÃOZINHO” category.
The first place winner will receive R$ 1,200.00, and the second place winner will receive R$ 800.00.
8 – GENERAL CONDITION
- The awarded authors (including honorable mentions) transfer the Assignment of Copyright of their work(s) in accordance with Law No. 9,610 of February 19, 1988 (Copyright Law) completely, universally, and definitively, in all usage modalities and free of charge, protected by the aforementioned law, regarding the awarded work(s), which become part of Humana Saúde’s assets for all rights purposes.
9 – TIMELINE
ENTRIES: OCTOBER 25 TO NOVEMBER 25, 2023.
SELECTION OF THE BEST WORKS: NOVEMBER 26 TO 27, 2023.
CHOICE OF THE AWARDED WORKS: NOVEMBER 28 TO 29, 2023.
INTERNET PRIZE VOTING PERIOD: DECEMBER 2 TO DECEMBER 6, 2023 (salaodehumor.com)
AWARD CEREMONY AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNING WORKS: DECEMBER 16, 2023.